WSET Level 3 Award in Wines
An advanced level qualifiation for professionals working in the wine industry and for wine enthusiasts
- Anyone wanting a thorough understanding of the key factors that account for the style, quality and price of primary still, sparkling and fortified wines of the world.
- Professionals in retail and hospitality industries looking for the knowledge to advise management, make informed selections of wines and answer customer questions authoritatively.
- Wine enthusiasts and collectors searching for more in-depth understanding on wines of the world including assessing quality and price.
- WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits
- At least 21 years of age.
- Key factors in the production of wine: location, grape growing, winemaking, maturation and bottling
- How these key factors influence the key characteristic of the principal
- still wines of the world
- sparkling wines of the world
- fortified wines of the world
- How to apply your understanding to explain wine style and quality
- How to taste wines, describe their characteristics and evaluate their quality, using the WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine (SAT)
- 35 hour program (32.5 hours of instruction and 2.5 hours exam)
- WSET Level 3 Wine Study Kit
- Wine Tastings
- WSET Level 3 Wine exam - 50 multiple choice questions, a paper of short written answers, and a blind tasting of two wines
- Successful candidates receive the WSET Level 3 Award in Wines certificate and lapel pin.
For more information and full details on the course, please download the Specification below.
When, Where and How?
5 consecutive day course - 9:00am to 5:00pm
Next class: TBD
7 week evening course (1 day a week) - 5:00pm to 9:00pm
Next class: TBD
Classes limited to 20 people
Providence Marriott Downtown - One Orms Street - Providence, RI 02904
Tuition includes all registration fees, study kit, classroom instruction, exam and wines tasted in class. Select "Register" to pay by Visa, MasterCard or American Express. Please contact Spirited Grape at 401-632-0149 for alternative payment methods.