WSET Level 2 Award in Wines
A beginner to intermediate level qualification exploring wines and spirits.
- Individuals looking for a core understanding in worldwide wine and spirits.
- Appropriate for individuals in hospitality, retail and wholesale industries
- Valuable to any individual interested in learning about wine and spirits.
- No previous study requirements.
- At least 21 years of age.
- How wine is made
- The factors that influence wine style
- Characteristics of key white and black grape varieties
- Important wine producing regions of the world where these grapes are grown
- Production methods of sparkling, sweet and fortified wines
- Label terminolgy
- Food and wine pairing principles
- Principle categories of spirts and liqueurs, and how they are made
- How to taste wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine (SAT)
- 20 hour program (19 hours of instruction and 1 hour exam)
- WSET Level 2 Wine Study Kit
- Wine Tastings
- WSET Level 2 Wine exam - 50 multiple choice questions
- Successful candidates receive the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines certificate and lapel pin.
For more information and full details on the course, please download the Specification below.
When, Where and How?
3 consecutive day course - 9:00am to 5:00pm
Next class: TBD
5 week evening course (1 day a week) - 5:00pm to 9:00pm
Next class: TBD
Classes limited to 20 people
Providence Marriott Downtown - One Orms Street - Providence, RI 02904
Tuition includes all registration fees, study kit, classroom instruction, exam and wines tasted in class. Select "Register" to pay by Visa, MasterCard or American Express. Please contact Spirited Grape at 401-632-0149 for alternative payment methods.