WSET Level 1 Award in Wines
A beginner level introduction to wine.
- Consumers interested in an introduction to wine.
- Individuals looking to get into the wine industry who have no previous wine knowledge.
- No previous study requirements.
- At least 21 years of age.
- The main types and styles of wine
- The characteristics of common wine grapes
- How to store and serve wine
- The principles of food and wine pairing
- How to taste wine using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine (SAT)
- 6 hour program (5.25 hours of instruction and 45 min exam)
- WSET Level 1 Wine Study Guide
- Wine Tastings
- WSET Level 1 Wine exam - 30 multiple choice questions
- Successful candidates receive the WSET Level 1 Award in Wines certificate and lapel pin.
For more information and full details on the course, please download the Specification below.
When, Where and How?
1 day course - 9:30am to 4:30pm
Next class: TBD
Classes limited to 20 people
Providence Marriott Downtown - One Orms Street - Providence, RI 02904
Tuition includes all registration fees, study guide, classroom instruction, exam fee and wines tasted in class. Select "Register" to pay by Visa, MasterCard or American Express. Please contact Spirited Grape at 401-632-0149 for alternate payment methods.