WSET Level 1 Award in Spirits
A beginner level introduction to spirits.
- Consumers looking for an introduction to spirits.
- Individuals looking to get into the spirits industry who have no previous spirits knowledge.
- No previous study requirements.
- At least 21 years of age.
- The basic principles of spirit production
- The main types and styles of spirits
- How to serve spirits
- Factors affecting the flavor of spirits
- How to describe spirits using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Spirits (SAT)
- 6 hour program (5.25 hours of instruction and 45 min exam)
- WSET Level 1 Spirits Study Guide
- Spirit Tastings
- WSET Level 1 Spirits exam - 30 multiple choice questions
- Successful candidates receive the WSET Level 1 Award in Spirits certificate and lapel pin.
For more information and full details on the course, please download the Specification below.
When, Where and How?
1 day course - 9:30am to 4:30pm
Next class: TBD
Classes limited to 20 people
Providence Marriott Downtown - One Orms Street - Providence, RI 02904
Tuition includes all registration fees, study guide, classroom instruction, exam fees and spirits tasted in class. Select "Register" to pay by Visa, MasterCard or American Express. Please contact Spirited Grape at 401-632-0149 for alternate payment methods.