WSET Level 3 Award in Wines
An advanced level qualification for professionals working in the wine industry and for wine enthusiasts
- Anyone wanting a thorough understanding of the key factors that account for the style, quality and price of primary still, sparkling and fortified wines of the world.
- Professionals in retail and hospitality industries looking for the knowledge to advise management, make informed selections of wines and answer customer questions authoritatively.
- Wine enthusiasts and collectors searching for more in-depth understanding on wines of the world including assessing quality and price.
- WSET Level 2 Award in Wines & Spirits or equivalent experience is strongly recommended. If you have any questions please contact Spirited Grape.
- At least 21 years of age.
- Key factors in the production of wine: location, grape growing, winemaking, maturation and bottling
- How these key factors influence the key characteristics of the principal
- still wines of the world
- sparkling wines of the world
- fortified wines of the world
- How to apply your understanding to explain wine style and quality
- How to taste wines, describe their characteristics and evaluate their quality, using the WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine (SAT)
- 32.5-hour program (30-hours of instruction and 2.5-hours exam)
- WSET Level 3 Wine Study Kit
- 6 Riedel Tasting Glasses
- Tutored tastings of over 75 wines
- WSET Level 3 Wine exam - 50 multiple choice questions, a paper of short written answers, and a blind tasting of two wines
- Successful candidates receive the WSET Level 3 Award in Wines certificate and lapel pin.
For more information and full details on the course, please download the Specification below.
When, Where and How?
Classes fill up quickly! Enroll today to secure your seat.
Classes limited to 12 people (Got a group? Contact us for rates for groups 5 or more)
Current Course Offerings:
WSET Level 3 Wine Day Course - Starts 10/7/18 >
Schedule: Sundays, October 7 - November 4, 2018 (10:00am-5:15pm)
Exam: Sunday, November 11, 2018 10:30am-1:00pm
Last Day to Register: 9/24/18
WSET Level 3 Wine Evening Course - Starts Soon! >
Schedule: 2019 (6:00pm-8:00pm)
Availability: Not yet scheduled
Don't see a schedule that works? Check back often, new classes scheduled all the time.
166 Valley Street, Building 6M Suite #103 - Providence, RI 02909 (Free parking available in the adjacent parking lot)
Tuition includes all registration fees, study kit, 6 Riedel glasses, classroom instruction, exam and wines tasted in class. Select "Enroll Now" to pay by Visa, MasterCard or American Express. Please contact Spirited Grape at 401-632-0149 for alternative payment methods.