WSET Level 2 Award in Wines
A beginner to intermediate level qualification exploring wines and spirits.
- Individuals looking for a core understanding in worldwide wine and spirits.
- Appropriate for individuals in hospitality, retail and wholesale industries.
- Valuable to any individual interested in learning about wine and spirits.
- No previous study requirements.
- At least 21 years of age.
- How wine is made
- The factors that influence wine style
- Characteristics of key white and black grape varieties
- Important wine producing regions of the world where these grapes are grown
- Production methods of sparkling, sweet and fortified wines
- Label terminology
- Food and wine pairing principles
- Principle categories of spirits and liqueurs, and how they are made
- How to taste wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine (SAT)
- 17-hour program (16-hours of instruction and 1-hour exam)
- WSET Level 2 Wine Study Kit
- 6 Riedel Tasting Glasses
- Tutored tastings of over 45 wines
- WSET Level 2 Wine exam - 50 multiple choice questions
- Successful candidates receive the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines certificate and lapel pin.
For more information and full details on the course, please download the Specification below.
When, Where and How?
Classes fill up quickly! Enroll today to secure your seat.
Classes limited to 20 people (Got a group? Contact us for rates for groups 5 or more)
Current Course Schedule:
WSET Level 2 Wine Day Course - Starts 9/9/18 >
Schedule: Sundays, September 9 - September 23, 2018 (10:00am-5:15pm)
Exam: Sunday, September 23, 2018 4:00pm-5:00pm
WSET Level 2 Wine Evening Course - Starts 10/8/18 >
Schedule: Mondays, October 8 - December 10, 2018 (6:00pm-8:00pm)
Exam: Monday, December 10, 2018 6:30pm-7:30pm
No Class November 19, 2018
WSET Level 2 Wine Day Course - Starts 12/2/18 >
Schedule: Sundays, December 2 - December 16, 2018 (10:00am-5:15pm)
Exam: Sunday, December 16, 2018 4:00-5:00pm
Don't see a schedule that works? Check back often, new classes scheduled all the time!
Providence Marriott Downtown - One Orms Street - Providence, RI 02904
Tuition includes all registration fees, study kit, 6 Riedel glasses, classroom instruction, exam and wines tasted in class. Select "Enroll Now" to pay by Visa, MasterCard or American Express. Please contact Spirited Grape at 401-632-0149 for alternative payment methods or group rates.