WSET Level 1 Award in Wines
A beginner level qualification exploring wines.
- Consumers looking for an introduction to wine.
- Individuals looking to get into the wine industry who have no previous wine knowledge.
- No previous study requirements.
- At least 21 years of age.
- The main types and styles of wine
- The characteristics of common wine grapes
- How to store and serve wine
- The principles of food and wine pairing
- How to taste wine using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine (SAT)
- 7 hour program (6.25 hours of instruction and 45 min exam)
- WSET Level 1 Wine Study Guide
- 6 Riedel tasting glasses
- Wine Tastings
- WSET Level 1 Wine exam - 30 multiple choice questions
- Successful candidates receive the WSET Level 1 Award in Wines certificate and lapel pin.
For more information and full details on the course, please download the Specification below.
When, Where and How?
Classes fill up quickly! Enroll today to secure your seat.
Classes limited to 20 people (Got a group? Contact us for custom schedule and rates)
WSET Level 1 Wine Day Class - Starts 9/30/18 >
Schedule: Sunday, September 30, 2018 (9:30am-4:45pm)
Exam: Sunday, September 30, 2018 (4:00pm-4:45pm)
WSET Level 1 Wine Day Class - Starts TBD >
Schedule: TBD (9:30am-4:45pm)
Exam: TBD (4:00pm-4:45pm)
Availability: Not yet scheduled
Don't see a schedule that works? Check back often, new classes scheduled all the time.
Providence Marriott Downtown - One Orms Street - Providence, RI 02904
Tuition includes all registration fees, study guide, 6 Riedel glasses, classroom instruction, exam and wines tasted in class. Select "Enroll Now" to pay by Visa, MasterCard or American Express. Please contact Spirited Grape at 401-632-0149 for alternative payment methods.