WSET Level 1 Award in Spirits
A beginner level introduction to spirits.
- Consumers looking for an introduction to spirits.
- Individuals looking to get into the spirits industry who have no previous spirits knowledge.
- No previous study requirements.
- At least 21 years of age.
- The basic principles of spirit production
- The main types and styles of spirits
- How to serve spirits
- Factors affecting the flavor of spirits
- How to describe spirits using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Spirits (SAT)
- 7 hour program (6.25 hours of instruction and 45 min exam)
- WSET Level 1 Spirits Study Guide
- 6 Riedel glasses
- Spirit Tastings
- WSET Level 1 Spirits exam - 30 multiple choice questions
- Successful candidates receive the WSET Level 1 Award in Spirits certificate and lapel pin.
For more information and full details on the course, please download the Specification below.
When, Where and How?
Classes fill up quickly! Enroll today to secure your seat.
Classes limited to 20 people (Got a group? Contact us for custom schedule and rates)
Current Course Offerings:
WSET Level 1 Spirit Day Class - Starts TBD >
Schedule: TBD (10:00am-5:00pm)
Exam: TBD (4:15pm-5:00pm)
Availability: Not yet scheduled
Don't see a schedule that works? Check back often, new classes scheduled all the time!
Providence Marriott Downtown - One Orms Street - Providence, RI 02904
Tuition includes all registration fees, study guide, 6 Riedel glasses, classroom instruction, exam fees and spirits tasted in class. Select "Enroll Now" to pay by Visa, MasterCard or American Express. Please contact Spirited Grape at 401-632-0149 for alternate payment methods.