Certified Specialist of Wine (CSW)
Spirited Grape offers a personalized interactive approach to the Certified Specialist of Wine (CSW) study course. The CSW was developed by the Society of Wine Educators (SWE). SWE is international recognized and its programs are highly regarded for both their quality and relevance to the industry.
- Wine professionals looking to expand their wine knowledge beyond the basics into a solid foundation and obtain the CSW credential.
- Wine Enthusiasts and collectors who have a serious interest in wine.
- Some prior wine education is recommended, but not required.
- At least 21 years of age.
- Wine composition
- All the major and many minor grape varieties of the world
- Vinification techniques for still, sparkling and fortified wines
- Wine regions of the world
- How to taste using SWE's Tasting Rationale Method
- 28 hours of classroom instruction
- CSW Study Guide
- CSW Workbook
- CSW Maps
- Wine Tastings
- Access to SWE Online Wine Academy
- CSW exam - 100 multiple choice questions (scheduled independently at Pearsons Vue Testing Facility)
- Successful candidates receive the CSW diploma, lapel pin, and ability to use the CSW post-nominal
- CSW is a prerequisite for the Certified Wine Educator
When, Where and How?
4 consecutive day intensive course - 9:00am to 5:00pm
Next class: TBD
7 week evening course, 1 day a week - 5:00pm to 9:00pm
Next class: Mondays, TBD
Classes limited to 20 people
Providence Marriott Downtown - One Orms Street - Providence, RI 02904
Price includes registration fee, study guide, workbook, classroom instruction, exam fee and wines tasted in class. Select "Register" to pay by Visa, MasterCard or American Express then proceed through checkout process. Please contact Spirited Grape at 401-632-0149 for alternate payment methods.